CHICAGO - Police have charged a 21-year-old Chicago man with murder, two counts of attempted murder, plus 6 additional felonies saying he's responsible for the home invasion last Sunday morning that resulted in the death of an 18-year-old girl and that left a 19-year-old male hospitalized.
You can read more about the original incident we reported here: Two 19-year-olds shot, girl killed, boy in serious condition
Police now say Timothy Royster, 21, of the 400 block of W. 100th Street of the Fernwood neighborhood on the city's far south side, is responsible for the above crime.
Royster was arrested late Sunday, just before 9:30 p.m. in the 7900 block of S. Halsted Street. Police allege that in addition to the 18-year-old girl he shot and killed and the 19-year-old boy who was wounded, he also threatened another 34-year-old woman who was in the residence at the time of the incident.
Royster was officially charged as follows:
- One (1) felony count - Murder in the First Degree
- Two (2) felony counts - Attempted Murder in the First Degree
- Four (4) felony counts - Home Invasion with a Firearm
- One (1) felony count - Aggravated Battery/Discharge Firearm
- One (1) felony count - Possession of a Controlled Substance
At just $20/year, your subscription not only helps us grow, it helps maintain our commitment to independent publishing.