CHICAGO - There were two shootings in Chicago last night in which 5 people were wounded in each incident, authorities said. One of the ten victims has died, an additional three victims are in critical condition, and six more were injured.
The first incident happened around 6:00 p.m. Friday evening in the 3300 block of W. Flournoy in the Garfield Park neighborhood on the city's west side.
Police said 5 men were standing outside a residence on the above block when they were shot in a drive-by by an unknown offender(s) in a black Chrysler 300, according to witnesses.
The victims and their conditions are as follows:
- Victim #1: 31-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the left arm and abdomen. Good condition at Stroger Hospital.
- Victim #2: 34-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the lower leg. Good condition at Stroger Hospital.
- Victim #3: 33-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the back, butt, legs, and left forearm. Pronounced dead at Mount Sinai.
- Victim #4: 33-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the inner left thigh. Good condition at Stroger Hospital.
- Victim #5: 56-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the left shoulder and left butt cheek. Good condition at Stroger.
There are no offenders in custody. Area four detectives are investigating.
PHOTO: A Chicago Police Detective uses a pen to hold up a shell casing at the scene where multiple people were shot in the 3300 block of West Flournoy Street in the Homan Square neighborhood, Friday, Aug. 19, 2022. | Tyler Pasciak LaRiviere/Sun-Times #Chicago #ChicagoScanner pic.twitter.com/kHZOuPcDGg— Tyler Pasciak LaRiviere (@TylerLaRiviere) August 20, 2022
The second incident occurred at midnight on the 6200 block of S. Michigan Avenue in the Washington Park area on the city's south side.
Police responded to multiple people shot at the Southland Villages complex and, again, found there were five victims on the scene.
The victims in the second incident and their conditions are as follows:
- Victim #1: 40-year-old female with multiple gunshot wounds to the body. Critical condition at University of Chicago Hospital.
- Victim #2: 32-year-old male with multiple gunshot wounds throughout the body. Critical condition at University of Chicago Hospital.
- Victim #3: 38-year-old male with multiple gunshot wounds to his neck. Critical condition at University of Chicago Hospital.
- Victim #4: 31-year-old male struck once on the thigh. Good condition at St. Bernard.
- Victim #5: 32-year-old male with one gunshot wound to the mouth. Good condition at St. Bernard.
There is no one in custody. Area One detectives are investigating.
#MassShooting #Chicago #ChicagoScanner https://t.co/6WneNb2Qq7 pic.twitter.com/LNWIPJn4mM— ✨Emjay 📸 Phan✨ (@heyFATabbot) August 20, 2022
The Chicago Journal needs your support.
At just $12/year, your subscription not only helps us grow, it helps maintain our commitment to independent publishing.