CHICAGO - Chicago Police announced aggravated vehicular hijacking charges this morning against three boys, age 12, 13, and 14 years old.
The trio faces a total of 7 felony counts and 1 misdemeanor.
The incident reportedly occurred yesterday morning in the 1200 block of S. Independence Boulevard in the Lawndale neighborhood on the city's west side.
Police said the boys took a 50-year-old man's car by force on the above mentioned block.
The trio were arrested by 2:30 p.m. yesterday in the 3500 block of W. Adams Street, also in the Lawndale neighborhood.
As they are juveniles, their names will not be released. They face the following charges:
- Two (2) felony counts - Aggravated Vehicular Hijacking with e a Weapon
- One (1) felony count - Possession of a Lost/Stolen Credit/Debit Card
- One (1) felony count - Forgery/Possession with Intent to Deliver
- Two (2) felony counts - Aggravated Vehicular Hijacking with a weapon
- One (1) felony count - Aggravated Vehicular Hijacking with a Weapon
- One (1) misdemeanor count - Criminal Trespass to Vehicle by Physical Control
At just $20/year, your subscription not only helps us grow, it helps maintain our commitment to independent publishing.
Chicago Journal Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.