CHICAGO (AP) — Twelve people were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak at a church on Chicago's South Side, fire officials said.
The Chicago Fire Department said that just after 1 p.m. it was called to the New Philadelphia Church for reports of a gas smell.
When fire crews arrived at the church, they measured the air and found high levels of carbon monoxide.
Those injured were taken to two hospitals in good to serious condition, firefighters said.
At just $20/year, your subscription not only helps us grow, it helps maintain our commitment to independent publishing.
If you're already a subscriber and you'd like to send a tip to continue to support the Chicago Journal, which we would greatly appreciate, you can do so at the following link:
Chicago Journal Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.