CHICAGO - A young woman is dead and another 4 young victims are wounded after a drive-by shooting on the city's south side, authorities said.
The incident happened shortly after midnight on the 1800 block of W. 78th Street in the Auburn Gresham neigbhorhood on the city's south side.
Police responded to calls of multiple people shot on the above block and found 5 victims on arrival. The victims and their conditions are as follows.
- Female, 19: One gunshot wound to the chest and two gunshot wounds to the arm. Pronounced dead at St. Bernard Hospital.
- Female, 17: One gunshot wound to the back. At Christ Hospital in serious condition.
- Male, 18: One gunshot wound to the arm. At Stroger Hospital in fair condition.
- Male, 19: One gunshot wound to the arm. At Holy Cross in fair condition.
- Male, 17: One gunshot wound to the torso. Also at Holy Cross in fair condition.
Investigators believe the offender(s) were shooting at the victims from a car in a drive-by. There is no description for the vehicle.
There is no one in custody and Area Two detectives are investigating.
At just $12/year, your subscription not only helps us grow, it helps maintain our commitment to independent publishing.
Chicago Journal Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.