5 people shot and seriously wounded in Lawndale after fight breaks out
A 16-year-old, a 33-year-old, and three 21-year-olds were shot and are in serious condition after a fight broke out among a group of people early Saturday morning.
CHICAGO - Five people were shot and seriously wounded in the Lawndale neighborhood in the early Saturday morning hours after a fight broke out among a group of young people, authorities said.
The incident occurred around 1:30 a.m. on the 800 block of S. Karlov in the Lawndale neighborhood, which is part of the Garfield Park community area.
Police said a group of people were hanging out on the sidewalk near Daniel Webster Elementary School when a fight broke out. Shots were fired and five people were hit.
The victims in this incident are as follows:
- A 21-year-old male in serious condition at Stroger Hospital with a gunshot wound to the left side of his body.
- A 21-year-old female in serious condition at Mt. Sinai with a gunshot wound to the left arm.
- A 21-year-old male in serious condition at Mt. Sinai with a gunshot wound to the left arm.
- A 16-year-old female in serious condition at Mt. Sinai with a gunshot wound to the back.
- A 33-year-old male in serious condition at Mt. Sinai with a gunshot wound to the face.
There is no one in custody. Area Detectives are investigating.
The Chicago Journal needs your support.
At just $20/year, your subscription not only helps us grow, it helps maintain our commitment to independent publishing.
Chicago Journal Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.