If you believe that material available on our site infringes on your copyright(s), please notify us by providing a DMCA notice. Upon receipt of a valid and complete notice, we will remove the material and make a good faith effort to notify our users of the error and direct them to the holder of the copyright(s).
Challenge Media, LLC. is a media/news/publishing company where contributors often use copyrighted materials in commentary or journalism, and/or transform the materials into something original of their own. As such, before submitting a DMCA notice, it’s important to consider if the manner in which the material is used falls under fair use. If you are not sure whether material located on a site by Challenge Media, LLC. infringes your copyright, or if it is subject to fair use protections, you should first consider seeking legal advice.
Please be advised that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing. We will highlight such abuses and seek to collect those damages.
Your DMCA notice will be forwarded to the party that made the material available, and also may be sent to third parties such as LumenDatabase.org. A note will also be placed on the site in question detailing the name of the copyright holder who submitted the takedown notice. In addition, you are required to consider the possible fair use implications, as a result of Lenz v. Universal. We reserve the right to challenge abuses of the DMCA process, and your notice does not waive that right.
Please follow these steps to file a notice:
- Verify that the site in question is presented by Challenge Media, LLC.
- Contact the site directly.
- Send your complaint to Challenge Media, LLC. via the address below. If the issue cannot be resolved directly with the site.
As required by the DMCA, we have a policy to terminate users and/or sites that we consider to be repeat infringers. Please note that notices that are successfully countered, rejected on fair use grounds, or deemed to be fraudulent are not counted against a user or site.
You can send your complaint to our designated agent (we prefer email):
Designated Copyright Agent
Challenge Media, LLC.
1636 N. Wells St.
Chicago, IL 60614
You must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- An identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the nature and exact location of the material that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit Challenge Media, LLC. to find and positively identify that material. For example we require a link to the specific post (not just the name of the site) that contains the material and a description of which specific portion of the post – an image, a link, the text, etc. your complaint refers to;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.