State capital bill bucks flow
06/04/2009 2:09 PM
A number of organizations located on the Near South and Near West sides will get grants from the state, following passage of the capital bill last Sunday in Springfield.
Here's a partial list of local organizations and public agencies included in the bill, which can be downloaded by clicking here:
- $57.6 million for a sciences building at the University of Illinois-Chicago;
- $17 million for the Illinois Medical District Commission;
- $10 million for Rush University Medical Center;
- $3.5 million for the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center;
- $3 million for the Mercy Homes for Boys and Girls;
- $600,000 for the Haymarket Center's McDermott Center;
- $250,000 for the Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind;
- $200,000 for the Haymarket Center;
- $100,000 for the Major Adams Community Committee;
- $75,000 for the 18th Street Development Corporation;
Look for a full story in Chicago Journal's print edition next Thursday.